Ductile Iron Foundry Capabilities:
Fast Track Prototypes, AGI, ADI, CGI
Castings, Heavy Section Castings
Since 1967, Wellsville has produced quality castings,
including heavy section castings, for customers throughout
the United States. We are a cast iron foundry with a broad
base of experience manufacturing standard ductile iron and
gray iron castings, as well as:
- stainless steel castings
- AGI castings
- ADI castings
- CGI castings
- compacted graphite castings
- spheroidal graphite castings
Wellsville customers represent a broad range of industries,
including mining, food processing, material handling
manufacturing, aggregate/ asphalt, and steel mills. We are
a leading choice for castings that require
exceptional abrasion resistance, and applications
where heavy section castings are required. We also serve
providers of bar, rod and wire finishing, and centerless
grinding, and, we offer expert fast track prototypes for
We are distinctive as a ductile iron foundry that provides
expert loose pattern work, and is also highly proficient in
bench, cope and drag, floor, and squeezer molding.
Short to medium runs of:
- Ferrous castings from 35 grams to 1,800 lbs,
including heavy section castings
- Custom alloy development to meet
- Precise chemical control of every heat by
optical emission spectometry.
- Broadest range of materials for stainless steel
castings, AGI castings, ADI castings, CGI castings,
compacted graphite castings, spheroidal graphite
castings, Ni-Resist castings, White Iron and
Tool Steels. See our Alloys Guide.
- Micro and macro metallographic analysis to evaluate
case, grain size, grain boundaries, grain growth and
crystalline structure, do phase counts or determine
- Melt with 97 Inductotherm VIP 500 KW furnace
with a 1,000 lb and a 2,000 lb vessel.
- Medium- to heavy-section castings in green or
air-set sand. Medium-section castings and Heavy
section castings are a Wellsville specialty.
- Wellsville is a leading manufacturer of short run and
specialty castings, as well as fast track prototypes for
automotive components. Customers as diverse as
aggregate machinery manufacturers and fine art
producers use Wellsville loose pattern capabilities,
which often include non-conventional materials such
as hardwood and Styrofoam, to achieve best results
at lowest costs.
- 3-D computer modeling and other advanced
engineering and design capabilities
- Outstanding craftsmanship in tooling, design
- Heat treating and machining are available as
part of any casting program.
- As-cast items: 3 to 6 weeks – faster than
- Engineered castings requiring additional operations
(i.e. machining, heat treating, etc.): Depending
on quantities and complexity, we consistently
outperform our competitors by 4 to 6 weeks.
- Rush orders: 2 working days for as-cast items,
including heavy section castings, if the pattern
is already in our hands.